Save time navigating YouTube on a computer with keyboard shortcuts.
To access the list of Keyboard shortcuts, go to your profile picture , and select Keyboard Shortcuts . You can also type SHIFT+? on your keyboard. When you hover over certain player buttons, you’ll see the relevant keyboard shortcut. For example, when you hover over the full screen icon, you’ll see ‘Full screen (f),’ indicating you can type f to open full screen.
- Spacebar : Play/Pause when the seek bar is selected. Activate a button if a button has focus.
- Play/Pause Media Key on keyboards : Play / Pause.
- K : Pause/Play in player.
- Stop Media Key on keyboards : Stop.
- Next Track Media Key on keyboards : Moves to the next track in a playlist.
- Left/Right arrow on the seek bar : Seek backward/forward 5 seconds.
- J : Seek backward 10 seconds in player.
- L : Seek forward 10 seconds in player.
- Home/End on the seek bar : Seek to the beginning/last seconds of the video.
- Up/Down arrow on the seek bar : Increase/Decrease volume 5%.
- Numbers 1 to 9 on the seek bar (not on the numeric pad) : Seek to the 10% to 90% of the video.
- Number 0 on the seek bar (not on the numeric pad) : Seek to the beginning of the video.
- Number 1 or Shift+1 : Move between H1 headers.
- / : Go to search box.
- F : Activate full screen. If full screen mode is enabled, activate F again or press escape to exit full screen mode.
- C : Activate closed captions and subtitles if available. To hide captions and subtitles, activate C again.
- Shift+N : Move to the next video (If you’re using a playlist, will go to the next video of the playlist. If not using a playlist, it will move to the next YouTube suggested video).
- Shift+P : Move to the previous video. Note that this shortcut only works when you’re using a playlist.
- i : Launch the Mini player.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!